Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mamma Maria!


On June 12, 2009, the Cebu Bloggers Society got invited to the Grand Opening of the newest pizzeria in town, Mamma Maria's Pizzeria. Mamma Maria's is not fairly new to the Philippines, those who have gone to Bacolod City have already tasted its pizzas, so when I mentioned that I was at the Opening, one of my co-workers who actually came from Bacolod, thought I was kidding. He said that Mamma Maria's is one of the places that he missed about Bacolod, and he started talking about the boat-shaped "empanada", as he described it. LOL

Anyway, the hostess, Jay Montelibano, as I recall, was very nice. She invited us through McBilly of McBilly.com. The blessing was scheduled at 5PM, but since I kinda got lost and I had to text message McBilly about the actual location of the pizzeria, I got there at approximately 5:30-ish. I didn't miss the entire event though. I even got to see the mayor cut the ribbon. I was kinda getting worried about the CBS peeps since the ONLY familiar blogger I saw around was McBilly and the early birds were newbies in the CBS.


When the first pizza came, I think it was a 30-inch Kinilaw Pizza, the CBS guys of course had to get their own share as fast as possible, because if you don't, you won't have any left. The second pizza served was the Kebab Pizza, which was good also, but I really liked the Kinilaw Pizza. The third pizza was the Hawaiian Pizza, which I couldn't have any since I don't eat bacon, and the last pizza served was a ham-laden pizza which I did not get a chance to taste either. Either way, it was okay, since I'm trying to lose weight anyway, haha.

They used plastic menus as placemats on the table, which was a perfect idea, because customers get to check up on the menu while waiting for the orders to come. While waiting for the pizzas to come, I checked up on the prices and well, I decided that I will keep on coming back since the prices were not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by Food Trips Galore. Please keep our comments clean, as well as please no unrelated advertisements. Thanks